Hello there! Yes, I finally had the chance to write again :). Anyways, this week I made a Cookie cake! It was really good…I received great feedback so it must be good. This Cookie Cake is huge and thick, so you can have a small slice and it is very filling. Also, many people can eat from just one of these so they are great for events/parties. I decided to decorate the cake with pink frosting to add a lighter look to the huge cookie. It’s the biggest cookie I’ve ever made/eaten that is 100% homemade!
1. I FINALLY finished all of my testing for the school year! I really can’t believe it, I am almost finished, just a few days left. I really wonder what I’m doing this summer. I mean I know that I will have a lot of time to bake new things, and swimming is always an option. But I tan so easily that I am thinking this year I should make a swimming schedule so I won’t get way too tan haha!
2. Well of course when I was taking pictures of the Cookie Cake, Pounder found it in his interest to try and eat it. He wanted to smell it so I had to be fast before he actually noticed the cake on the table. But when I lifted the cake off the table, this is the face I got from him:
I mean he makes himself look so cute. But I had to say no to him of course, he can’t have cookies or chocolate. Oh! I almost forgot, here are some pictures I took of him the other day, they are too adorable.
3. I really want to make Ice Cream this Summer. Theres just something about the idea that makes it seem so cool. And once I get Ice Cream off my list, then I will try Ice Cream sandwiches. Oh how much I want to make Ice Cream! But I need an Ice Cream Maker attachment for my KitchenAid. I also really want to make Macarons. They are so delicious! So it would be really cool to be able to make them.
Yield: One 9×2 round cookie cake
2-2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
3/4 cups of light brown sugar
1/4 cup of dark brown sugar
1/2 cup of white sugar
2 teaspoons of cornstarch
3 tablespooons of vanilla extract
1 cup of butter
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 cup of milk chocolate chips
5 cups of powdered sugar
3-4 tablespoons of heavy cream
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
|1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×2 round cake pan with parchment paper.
2. Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat the butter.
3. Slowly add in the sugars and the egg.
4. Next, add in the flour, cornstarch, and baking soda.
5. Finally, mix in the vanilla extract and chocolate chips. (The dough will be very sticky)
|6. Pour the cookie dough into the cake pan.
7. Bake the cookie for 28-34 minutes.
|8. One the cookie cake has finished baking, let it cool for 20-30 minutes.
To make the frosting:
1. Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat the butter until it is at a fluffy consistency.
2. Add in the heavy cream,, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar.
3. Beat the frosting until it is smooth and creamy.
4 Decorate the cookie cake to your liking.
| 5. ENJOY the Cookie Cake!!!!!!!!!!!!