Why hello there! Wow it has been such a lonnng time! How have you guys been? Well I’ve been ok I guess, it’s just that school is drivin gme insane! My teachers are forcing all of this information in us because our SOL’s are next week. So that means one thing: I don’t have alot of time to bake. But when I finally got the chance this week, I took it with full force. Since it’s Spring, I decided to do cookies that would match this weather. So I picked to make Lemon Cookies. I adapted this recipe from two peas & their pod, but I did change quite a few things. And wow were this cookies amazing!
1. These cookies are so good! They are light and fluffy. The nice lemon flavor is not too overwhelming, but sweet and remind you of the beautiful Spring weather. You don’t even have ot make the glaze because they are delicious by themselves! I got many high praises from these cookies and I am going to bake them more often. And to top it all, they are so fast and easy to bake! If you love lemon cake, lemon bars, or lemon ANYTHING, you will fall head over heels for these cookies! I might even admit that they are my new favorite 🙂
2. Well my week has been so busy! All of the students look like little bees scurrying through the halls and quickly writing all of the note we can. I have been so exhausted this week, that I fell asleep in class on Monday for a good 5-10 minutes! And they are giving us so much homework, it’s just driving me insane. On the bright side, I was on Instagram, and I found an Instagram that is just too adorable! Its called “worldfullofbows” and they post just the cutest pictures of anything that has a bow on it! You should go check it out, they are amazing….
Look at how cute these are….
I could probably eat all of them, they are lemon drops from heaven :)
Yield: 15 Cookies
1 1/4 cups of sugar
2 cups of flour
3/4 cup of butter
1 teaspoon lemon extract
4 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1 tablespoon of lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
2 cups of powdered sugar
3 tablespoons of milk
2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
7. Drop the dough onto the baking sheets (each cookie should be 1 tablespoon). You should floour your hands while doing this.
8. Flatten the cookie dough balls on the top a little. And bake the cookies for 13-15 minutes.
|9. Place the cookies on a cooling rack and leave them to cool for 15 minutes.
To make the glaze:
1. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, whisk all of the ingredients together until the glaze is smooth and creamy.
2. Spread the glaze over the cookies.
|10. ENJOY the Cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!|