I’ve been hunting down for an amazing recipe for baked doughnuts. You see, my other recipe for doughnuts were fried. And frying things are really dangerous so I wouldn’t be able to make them more often. My sadness soon ended when I saw that there were plenty of recipes for baked doughnuts! From then on the hunt was on to find a delicious recipe for baked doughnuts. This morning I was looking at recipes from Brown Eyed Baker and I stumbled across a recipe for baked doughnuts! I immediately went to work! P.S. I did change a few things in the recipe that Brown Eyed Baker used.
(Wow I used the words”baked doughnuts” alot in this paragraph!)
I must make a little confession, I don’t have biscuit cutters! When I had to make the doughnut shape, I used the top of a cup for the outer circle. For the inner hole I used a bottle cap. Well, they may not be as glamorous as biscuit cutters, but they work very well! So for those of you that want to try this recipe out but don’t have biscuit cutters, improvise! It works the same and it’s also cheaper :).
Well I’ve been thinking that you guys must probably want to know what I look like! It’s probably a little hard to imagine the writer and baker behind these posts. So to start off, I am a 14 year-old girl (that’s pretty obvious haha). I stand at only a short 5 feet and 1.5 inches and I have crazy, curly hair. I also have tan skin, and big brown eyes. And to top it off I’m a size 0 in womans so I am considered a “petite girl”. I hope this little description of me helped you to try and visualize a picture of me :).
Also, I want you guys to know a little bit more about me. Well first of all, my addiction is honey ♡. Its just so PERFECT! Also, I’m a vegetarian and an animal lover. Oh! I absolutely love glass milk bottles(I NEED to buy one!), they are just so adorable.Um..I collect antique cameras and I play the Oboe. My friends call me Pinky and my favorite color is Caribbean Blue :). I absolutely love frosting cakes and of course baking. And I am shy at first but once you get to know me, I’m super corky and crazy! Well enough talking about me, lets talk about these doughnuts!
These doughnuts are very delicious! They have a sweet flavor and are perfectly dense and light at the same time. You can match them with a nice tall glass of your favorite milk (I LOVE Strawberry Milk). And these doughnuts are healthier because they are baked, instead of fried! But they still manage to have an amazing flavor that causes you to say good-bye to fried doughnuts. The best part is that you don’t feel as guilty eating them since they aren’t fried :).
Yield: 16-17 doughnuts
3 cups of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
1 large egg
1/4 cup of butter, cut into cubes
1/4 cup of granulated sugar
1 tablespoon of active dry yeast
1 cup of hot milk (I used 1% milk and heated the milk in the microwave for 3 minutes)
1 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
6 tablespoons of butter,melted
2 tablespoons of Ground Cinnamon
|1. Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat the egg and sugar together.
2. Add in the milk and yeast. Mix together for another minute.
3. Slowly add in 2 1/2 cups of the all-purpose flour. (At this time, attach the dough hook if you have a stand mixer)
4. Slowly add in the cubes of butter, one by one.
5. Finally add in the other 1/2 cup of flour, vanilla extract, and vanilla bean paste. Keep mixing until the dough is soft , but only a little bit sticky.
|6. On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough (for about 5 minutes) into a ball.
7. Place the dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray (Pam), and cover the bowl with a damp towel.
8. Let the dough rise until it has doubled in size (about 60-90 minutes).
|9. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to a 1/2 in. thickness.
10. Using biscuit cutter, cut out 3″ circles with 1/2″ holes on the inside.
11. Place the doughnuts onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
12. Melt 3 tablespoons of butter
and brush the melted butter on top of the doughnuts.
13. Cover the doughnuts with plastic wrap and let them sit on top of the Pre-heated oven for 30 minutes.
|14. Bake the doughnuts for 8-9 minutes.
15. Place the doughnuts on a cooling rack and let them cool for 10 minutes.
16. In a large bowl mix together the Cinnamon-Sugar.
17. Brush the doughnuts with the melted butter and cover them with the Cinnamon-Sugar mixture.
|18. ENJOY the Doughnuts!!!!! ♡