My boredom went to an all time maximum on Thursday. As I was hunting down for recipes, I stumbled across this one. My mind was blown as i read the title “Homemade Oreos”. Why didn’t I think of this before?!? But I put my shame aside as I put my apron on and started working on making these cookies. I adapted this recipe from Brown Eyed Baker , but I did tweak a few things. And MAN these cookies came out delicious! They brought me back to the Good Ol’ days of my childhood when I would just devour the cookies. But sadly, I’ve noticed that my Oreo love connection faded away in the background of school and well, aging. I did always keep those beloved cookies in my heart and our love connection has sprung again! These cookies are fairly easy to make and they have a rich, chocolaty taste. YUM! I’m practically drooling as I write this haha!
1. As I was baking these cookies, Pounder was just watching me. I HAD to take pictures because he was begging for a bite of the Oreos! But, with sadness in my voice I had to reject Pounders begging. He can’t have chocolate! So, I’m thinking about searching for a recipe for dog treats….
3. I can’t believe of how much views and feedback I’ve gotten from my last post! I love ya guys. I really think that without you, I wouldn’t have the energy to keep baking!! 🙂
Yield; 13 Cookies
3/4 cups of of butter, softened
2 cups of all-purpose flour
1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
3/4 cup of granulated sugar
3/4 cup of butter, softened
2 cups of confectioners sugar
1-2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
|5. Roll the dough into a 12 inch. log.
6. Cover the dough in plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
9. Bake the cookies for 12 minutes.
|10. Place the cookies onto a cooling rack and let them cool for 10-15 minutes.|
|11. To make the frosting: Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, cream the butter until it is fluffy.
12. Gradually pour in the confectioners sugar and the vanilla.
13. Mix until the frosting is at a thick and creamy consistency.
|14. Pipe the frosting onto 13 of the cookies. Then, place the other cookies (the ones without frosting) on top the the cookies with the frosting|
|15. So, the ending result should look like this!
16. ENJOY the cookies!