Hello again! So, I had a sleepover this weekend and I decided to make an ultimate favorite “Cinnamon Buns. Now, when I say “Buns”, they are HUGE “Buns”! I imagine them as little cakes, but the size doesn’t affect the amazing flavors! I mean these are probably the most delicious Cinnamon Buns I’ve ever had! And my advice is to leave them in the refrigerator for at least two hours because they are just so much more delicious cold! But don’t get these confused with Cinnamon Rolls because there is a difference. Cinnamon Buns are flat and wide, while Cinnamon Rolls are tall and not flat at the top. Although, right now, I prefer these Cinnamon Buns instead of the Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls!
1. This recipe was inspired by my recipe book ” 1001 cupcakes, cookies, and other tempting treats”, but I did change a LOT of things! And I’m so glad that I did because each bite I took was heavenly! There is also just something about Cinnamon Buns that makes it family friendly and everyone can enjoy them. These are not as hard to make as they may seem, they are fairly easy to make. So, if you like homemade Cinnamon Buns, this recipe is just for you!
2. My Birthday is coming so fast! On February 4th, I’ll be turning 14! So to commemorate this “special” occasion, I’ve been thinking about getting a customized apron. Mamamadison is an amazing apron maker, and she’s helping me design and make the apron. If you like my other apron, she made that too and you can buy one on Etsy. Just type in Mamamadison and her shop will come up. You can have your apron customized, or like me, make a one-of-a-kind apron! Oh! I completely forgot that I have to decide on what to bake for my birthday. I want to make something new, but not boring, old birthday cake. Well I do have a few weeks to prepare and to decide on which recipe will be perfect…..
Yield; 6-7 Cinnamon Buns (large)
1/2 cup of butter, melted
3 1/2 cups of self rising flour
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
2 large eggs
3/4 cup of milk ( I used 1% milk)
1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
1/4 cup of light brown sugar
1/4 cup of granulated sugar
2 tablespoons of melted butter
3 cups of confectioners sugar
5-6 tablespoons of Heavy Whipping Cream
3-4 tablespoons of Vanilla Extract
|1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, mix together the butter, milk, and eggs together.
3. Add in the dry ingredients and keep mixing until the mixture turns into a soft and sticky dough.
|5. Place the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead the dough for 5 minutes.|
|6. Roll the dough into a 10 in.x12 in. rectangle.|
|7. Brush the melted butter on top of the rectangle dough.
8. Place the ground cinnamon and sugars onto the rectangle. Using your hands, mix the ingredients together and spread the mixture all over the dough.
|9. Fold the dough into a 6 in.x8 in. rectangle.
10. Roll the dough (by its width) into a log.
11. Place parchment paper onto a large baking sheet.
|18. ENJOY the Cinnamon Buns!!!!!!! 🙂|