So how has everybody been? Sorry I haven’t posted in a while, I’ve been catching up with school. I made these cookies during Christmas break and they were soo adorable. (By the way, the recipe included brandy and my mom let me use it. But, you can’t even taste the brandy, it just enhances the cookies flavor.) I adapted this recipe from my recipe book “1001 cupcakes, cookies, and other tempting treats”, BUT I did change quite a few things. These cookies turned out super delicious! The day after I baked them, I took them to my friends house. By the end of the night, all of the cookies had disappeared. So, I took that as a really good sign, especially when I would hear the occasional “Mmmm” and “DELICIOUS!” from those who were eating these cookies.
1. So, a while back my brother, my mom, and me went to Busch Gardens to see Christmas Town. I played this game and won a little stuffed animal of a red dog. OF COURSE I named the adorable stuffed animal “Peppermint” (Isn’t that a cute name?). Well, I’m pretty sure my dog thinks that it’s his puppy! He took the plush toy from my brothers desk and well……look at the picture yourself!
2. I’ve been noticing my viewers go down! I can’t help but to blame it on the dreaded New Years Resolution. I know that most people choose to lose weight, and bakers like me are suddenly enemies! We bake goods, sweet and yummy treats that can be called “high calorie” but I can’t help it. I mean you can’t go wrong with cookies!
So please don’t leave me………. (That sounded soo creepy haha!)
For the people that have stayed with me, here’s the recipe!
Yield: 15 cookies
1/2 cup of butter, softened
1/2 cup of powdered sugar
1 medium egg
3 teaspoons of brandy
2 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 cup of confectioners sugar (put in a large bowl)
5. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
6. Roll the dough into 15 small balls (each ball about 1 tablespoon each).
|11. Generously sprinkle confectioners sugar on top of each cookie.
12. ENJOY the cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!