Hello again viewers! I saw the idea to make Santa Hat Red Velvet Brownies at Cookies and Cup
s. I adapted this recipe from how sweet it is
, though I did add and change a few things. These brownies are so cute and perfect for Christmas! I mean it is the first official day of Winter, and I just HAD to bake something to celebrate. These brownies are not only suuper ADORABLE but, they are also suuper delicious! As you can tell from the time, I did stay home from school. It was one of my moms Christmas Gifts 😀 !! I mean, not a lot has happened in the past two days:
1. Well to first start off, these brownies are a surprise to my mom! I think that she will Love these! I mean, I feel bad that I stayed home and she went to work. So, I picked myself up from the couch, did my chores, and baked! I hope she likes them…….
2. I have gotten a LOT of viewers in the past two days! I just want to thank all of you! And also, if you want, you can leave comments. Maybe I should ask a question..hmmm… what about “Whats your favorite holiday dessert?”. Well, comment below! Haha, I hop that you guys will comment! My twitter is @AmandasBakery if you want to check it out.
3. I almost forgot toget a present for my dog, Pounder! I’m thinking of a nice red collar to go with his beautiful golden fur. And maybe a sqeaky toy he can rip up. I mean, my dog loves to rip up his toys. In a matter of 3 seconds, a teddy bear will turn into fluff! Somehow, he manages to find the sqeaky part and breaks it. But anything that makes my puppy happy makes me happy!
Yield: 12 large brownies
3 1/4 cups of white sugar
4 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/2 cup of butter (softened)
3 large eggs
3/4 cup of milk( I used 1% milk)
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1/2 cup of milk chocolate chips
1 tablespoon of red food coloring
2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Frosting:
3 3/4 cups of powdered sugar
4 oz. of cream cheese
1 tablespoon of vanulla extract
4 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
|1. Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, mix together the butter and sugar.
2. Add in the eggs, milk, and dry ingredients.
3. Finally, add in the food coloring, chocolate chips, and the vanilla extract. Mix these ingredients untill the batter is thick and mixed together well.
|4. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
5. Place parchment paper on the bottom of a jelly roll pan. Lighty spray the parchment paper with cooking spray (Pam)
6. Evenly spread the brownie mixture into the jelly roll pan.
|7. Bake the brownies for 30-30 minutes. Let the brownies cool for 5 minutes in the pan.
|8. Place parchment paper on top of a cooling rack.
9. Turn the pan upside down onto the parchment paper. (The parchment paper on the bottom of the brownie will be removed) The brownie is now upside down.
10. Let the brownie cool for 20 minutes.
|11. Place parchment paper onto a big plate.
12. Place the plate on top of the bottom of the brownie. Turn the brownie upside down so that now it is right side up.
13. Carefully cut the brownies into 12 large triangles.
14. Cream Cheese Frosting: Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, mix together all of the ingredients untill the frosting is at a thick and creamy consistency.
15. Pipe the frosting onto the brownies so they look like Santa Hats. Place them in the refigerator for 10 minutes so the frosting will harden.
16. Take the brownies out and ENJOY!!!