Hey guys! Sorry I haven’t posted anything in a while, I’ve been busy with homework -__-. Well anyways, since I had extra time yesterday, I wanted to bake. So, I grabbed all of my ingredients and made up my own recipe! Yup, this recipe was 100% mine with NO “adaptations” or “inspired by”. Oh and I’m proud to say that I have 200 followers on Twitter! If you want to follow me, look-up @AmandasBakery. So, few things have happened this week:
1. I am now a JV for the SPCA! I applied and I made it! After Winter Break, I will get to work a 4 hour shift every other weekend. I mean 4 hours of seeing animals is like super cool. And I’m helping those animals be happy and find good homes <3.
2. CHRISTMAS SHOPPING: I mean I love Christmas, but the shopping-for-presents part is a different story. Everyone has a crazed look in their eyes, searching for the perfect Christmas present for their loved ones. And I’m just standing there, a 13 year-old girl against parents. I mean it’s not hard to just push me out of the way. But luckily, I was smart and got my shopping done by now and so that will save me from going to the mall again.
3. This week, I had a band concert. It was special to me because it was my last Winter band concert in middle school. To think that next year I will become a Freshman is a little crazy. I look at the 6th graders and remember when I was a little 6th grader. Time has gone by so fast………….
4. Well, let me tell you about these cookies. If you are a big M&M fan, these are perfect for you. These cookies are down right the quickest I have made yet. They are also my Older Brothers new favorite. He says and I quote “These are you BEST cookies you have made!”! He even asked me to bake another batch for his friends. I took the first batch to school today, and they were gone within 10 minutes! Everyone loved them! These cookies are so nice and chewy. I mean who doesn’t love M&M’s and cookies?? But both of them together is just sheer pleasure for your taste buds……
Yield: 12 Cookies
1/4 cup of unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup f white sugar
3/4 cup of light brown sugar
1 large egg
2 cups of all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
4 tablespoons of vanilla extract
1/2 cup of M&M’s
4. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
5. Place parchment paper onto a baking sheet.
6. Roll the dough into balls (by one tablespoonful each ball). Flatten the top of the balls a little.
|7. Bake the cookies for 12 minutes.
8. Once the cookies have finished baking, place them on a cooling rack. Let the cookies cool for 5-10 minutes.
9. ENJOY the Cookies!!!!!!!! 🙂