So, this week has been pretty interesting. I made a tumblr! My friend came over to teach me the “tumblr ways”, but I still need a LOT of practicing to do. So, I picked out having a “quality” tumblr. I”m not even sure what that is. I swear I am the only 13 year old that doesn’t really do well with electronics. Instead, I bake because its much easier.
1. Also, I made 2nd chair in district band (I play oboe). The weirderst thing is that I didn’t even try. I just went to get it over with and ended up making it!
2. Do you ever notice that this month has the MOST giveaways? I am ashamed to say that I’ve probably entered in like 10 this week. I mean, you have to at least try, right? And maybe I’ll win one of them!
3. I adapted this recipe from She Makes and Bakes, but I changed some things. This bread is soooo amazing! It tastes so sweet and perfect. It reminds me of a cinnamon roll that was transformed into the shape if a bread loaf. Everyone that tried it said it tasted fantastic. This bread it much quicker than the other breads I have baked and its perfect for any family occasion. I guarantee you will fall in love with this bread 🙂
4. Where is winter? This weekend its been so warm, I wore shorts! It’s consisted of 60 degrees and higher. I was hoping for snow but it looks like this year thats not going to happen! Anyways. I went out to get frozen yogurt. I love frozen yogurt, espeacially the flavors. Yesterday, I tried an Eggnog flavored frozen yogurt and it was soo good! But, I ended up getting Strawberry and French Vanilla. I guess that Eggnog is just too complex for me right now! Well, lets stop talking about my Frozen Yogurt issues and get on with this recipe!
Yield- 1 loaf
1/2 cup of warm milk (I used 1% milk)
1 tablespoon of active dry yeast
1/4 cup of white sugar
1/8 cup of butter, softened
2 large eggs
1/8 teaspoon of salt
2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
1/2 cup of sugar
1/8 cup of heavy whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 cup of powdered sugar
2 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1. In a large bowl, mix together the yeast, warm milk, and sugar. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it proof for 10 minutes.
2. Using a stand mixer, or hand mixer, add in the flour, and eggs into the yeast mixture. (Make sure to ue the dough hook for this. Use speeds 4-6).
3. Finally, add in the butter and salt. Mix untill the dough is sticky and soft.
|7. Once the dough has finished rising, place it onto a lightly floured surface.
8. Roll the dough into a 9×13 rectangle.
|9. Brush the heavy whipping cream onto the dough.|
|10. Make the Filling: In a medium bowl mix together the cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla extract.
11. Evenly spread the filling onto the dough.
|12. Roll the dough (lengthwise) into a log. Make sure that the enhs are sealed tightly.|
|13. Cut the log in half. (Down the middle of the log)|
|13. Twist the two pieces of dough together with the filling facing up. Make sure that the ends are sealed tight.|
|14. Push the ends closer together so that the loaf is compacted.|
5. Oh I almost forgot, my neighbors got me Christmas rubber spatulas! They are soo adorable. Now, I will be inspired whenever I bake this month! My neighbors are the best, they are and older couple and I treat them like they’re my grandparents. The older man is an artist and says that he is going to paint a picture of me! While his wife is a sweet old lady and she just loves to talk to me. Whenever I go to their house, I spend at least 2 hours there! They are probably the cutest couple I’ve ever seen 🙂