Yesterday, after I made the pumpkin scones, my brother gave me the idea to make Vanilla Scones. It wasnt too long untill I found a recipe from Baking Bites , but I did change a few things in the recipe. They are sooo adorable and goood!!! They are the perfect size for a mini snack and are really quick to bake in the oven. I also made Vanilla Bean Glaze to match the Vanilla Scones. And, oh…my…gosh.. the glaze is AMAZING!! This recipe is really easy and takes about 30 minutes overall!! They are perfect for when people come over and you need snacks. I hope you love them!! ❤ :))))
Yield-16 petite scones
2 cups of all-purpose flour
1/2 a vanilla bean
1-2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
5 tablespoons of butter, softened
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 cup of milk (I used 1% milk)
1/2 cup of white sugar
Vanilla Bean Glaze-
1 1/4-1/2 cups of confectioners’ sugar
3 tablespoons of heavy cream
1/2 a vanilla bean
1 teaspoon of vanilla
|4. On a lightly foured surface, knead the dough. Roll the dough into a circle that is about 1/4 inch thick|
|5. Cut the dough in half.
6. Roll the halves into circles about 1/4 inch thick.
7. Using a pizza cutter, cut 8 triangles into each circle so there are 16 triangles.
|8. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
9. Place the triangles on parchment paper in top of a large cookie sheet.
10. Bake the scones for 8-9 minutes.
|11.Vanilla Bean Glaze- In a medium bowl, place the ingredients in.
12. Scrape the other half of the Vanilla Bean into the bowl.
13. Using an electric mixer, mix the ingredients together untill the glaze is thick and creamy.
|14. Once the Scones have finished baking, place them on a cooling rack.|
|15. Place a sheet of parchment paper on the bottom of the cooling rack.
16. While the scones are still warm, spread the gaze over them. Then, let the scones cool for 10-15 minutes and ENJOY!!!!